HIT PLAY. :)

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Leave Out All The Rest

3 years ago, my brother left this world. I didn't know til the next morning... but that night, I also was told by the love of my life (for the first of many times) that he did not love me or want to be with me. That was the beginningof a downhill slide that I have barely been able to even.. pause... ever.... my god.

That was after miscarrying a baby, being kicked out of my home onto the streets by my "best friend"... and many other traumatic experiences.
The 3rd and final piece of my soul group.....
But I've felt him here. He's been here, watching over us.

What I haven't told a lot of people is that I was going to join him, today. I hadn't decided for or against it for sure ... but life takes over, doesn't it? And my kids took priority.
My kids need me. Their useless, barely present, messed up, vertigo-plagued, seizing mother.. they need me.
So I'm here.

But when MY time comes.. forget the wrong that I've done. Help me leave behind some reason to be missed. Don't resent me, and when you're feeling empty, keep me in your memory... leave out all the rest.

Leave out all the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment